Skrevet av Emne: 'Sarlacc's pit': Enormous unexplored cave accidentally discovered in Canada  (Lest 26 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
"A vast unexplored cave which was discovered by accident in Canada may have never been seen by humans before.

Officials from Canada’s ministry of national resources stumbled across the huge cavern while conducting a caribou count by helicopter in April.

After conducting an investigation and an initial exploration of the opening, the ministry said it believes the cave was not known even to First Nations peoples who have lived in the area for millennia.

The cave sits in pristine Alpine landscape inside a local national park in British Columbia, in Western Canada.

Experts have suggested that the cave might have been covered with snow all year round, until as recently as the 1990s, and thus lain undiscovered for thousands of years."

Read more:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/sarlaccs-pit-enormous-unexplored-cave-accidentally-discovered-in-canada/ar-BBQwuLK
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
"A huge, gaping cave has been discovered hidden in the remote Canadian wilderness, and despite the overwhelming scale of this stunning natural void, researchers suggest it may never have been seen by human eyes before.

Nicknamed the 'Sarlacc Pit' after the monstrous pit-dwelling beast in Star Wars, the giant cave – concealed amidst the rugged terrain of British Columbia's Wells Gray Provincial Park – is so vast its effectively unbelievable, explorers say.

"My immediate reaction was that there can't be a cave there, it's impossible," geoscientist Catherine Hickson, who conducted an expedition to the site in September, told Global News.

"It is huge. It is enormous. When you first see it, you just gasp because it's just this huge hole in the ground.""

More:

https://www.sciencealert.com/gigantic-unexplored-cave-hidden-in-canada-may-never-have-been-seen-by-human-eyes
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"