Skrevet av Emne: Meghalaya caves fascinates Italian Geologist to explore the ‘Lost World!’  (Lest 354 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
"Noted Italian geologist and cave explorer Francesco Sauro, who has led successful expeditions to one of the world’s oldest cave systems in Venezuela’s Tepui mountains, is gearing up to explore the “lost world” in India’s Meghalaya, which harbours some of the longest and deepest cave systems in the world.

Sauro, a speleologist, who has close to 20 years of caving experience, has participated in studying these hidden environments around the world, of which six expeditions have been to the Tepuis, the table top mountains of South America. Speleology is the scientific study of caves.

The 2014 Rolex Young Laureate recipient in exploration for his “exploration of ancient quartzite caves in the table-top mountains of South America”, now hopes to delve into the magnificent cave systems of Meghalaya, home to Krem Liat Prah, the longest natural cave in India. Most of them are limestone and sandstone caves."

read more:

https://thenortheasttoday.com/meghalaya-caves-fascinates-italian-geologist-to-explore-the-lost-world/
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"