Skrevet av Emne: Så fort kan det gå (den store jordfallshull/synkehull tråden)  (Lest 17864 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
Nyheten om de 39 jordfallshullene i Kina er nå nådd Nationalgeographic:

"Who says we're done exploring the Earth?

Scientists in China announced a major new discovery this week: 49 massive sinkholes that were previously unknown, representing the highest natural density of the phenomenon in the world.

Government researchers discovered the sinkholes during the course of a four-month survey in the Qinling-Bashan Mountains, which are located in the Hanzhong area of northwest China's Shaanxi Province.

The 49 sinkholes are clustered in a 230-square-mile patch of land within the 2,000 square miles that were surveyed.

The largest of the sinkholes has a diameter of 1,706 feet and a depth of 1,050 feet.

The scientists also found several species of rare plants and Chinese giant flying squirrels, which have striking red fur."

More:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/11/49-sinkholes-discovered-in-china-worlds-largest-geology/

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
"Jaw-dropping pictures show the incredible scene in Round Rock, Texas, after a sinkhole collapsed this week, swallowing a giant section of the street.

Police and engineers arriving on scene were left stunned at what was discovered underneath.

The hole opened up a previously undiscovered subterranean cave system stretching almost 100ft long under the surface of the road above."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/681028/secret-cave-underground-video-Round-Rock-texas-sinkhole

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
"Engineers testing ceiling strength of Cambria Cavern

Engineers are boring holes into a cave that opened up in a neighborhood west of Round Rock in an effort to determine the strength of the ceiling, but had to halt because of a leak in the equipment.

Surveyors were also out at the site near Ephraim Road and Cambria Drive in the Brushy Creek neighborhood, working to georeference the underground cave map to locations above ground. That will help them determine what needs repairs.

Crews have completed three of the five core samples, and hope to finish the rest Wednesday after repairing the equipment that had a hydraulic leak. A Williamson County spokeswoman says each core sample can take several hours. Next week, engineers will work to create a 3D map of the cave."

Read more:

http://kxan.com/2018/02/28/engineers-testing-ceiling-strength-of-cambria-cavern/

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
Mer om jordfallshullet som alle Corvettene datt ned i  :-\

"Some eighty feet under the National Corvette Museum’s Skydome is a cave that was discovered when the floor broke through and eight Corvettes fell into the sinkhole four years ago.

After the Museum’s floor was stabilized with micropiles, the sinkhole was filled and the Skydome floor was replaced. But under the Museum, the cave remains. It’s accessible inside the Skydome by climbing down a 30-foot tube and then descending another 50 feet to get to the cave floor."

More:
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/03/06/wbko-reporter-goes-splunking-corvette-museums-sinkhole/

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
" More:New chamber found near Cambria Cavern west of Round Rock

The cavern underneath a neighborhood west of Round Rock could be even bigger than engineers first thought.

While Williamson County officials were drilling for core samples around the cave that opened up in the Brushy Creek neighborhood Feb. 8, they discovered an air pocket about 20 feet away from the entrance, toward Ephraim Road. On Tuesday, they lowered a flashlight and camera down through the bore hole and estimate the chamber is about 20 feet below street level and about 9 feet from there to the bottom. "

More:

http://kxan.com/2018/03/07/video-new-chamber-found-near-cambria-cavern-west-of-round-rock/