Skrevet av Emne: Så fort kan det gå (den store jordfallshull/synkehull tråden)  (Lest 24347 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mac OS X 10.9.2
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0.2 Safari 7.0.2
"Two years ago, a giant sinkhole swallowed trees whole in a Louisiana bayou. This year, Nasa says it could have predicted it.

It might sound like too little too late, but with five-to-ten times more sinkholes occurring in this country because of the wet weather this year, any potential tool for mapping precarious landmasses will be most welcome.

The sinkhole Nasa is basing its study on, near Bayou Corne, was a monster measuring 10.1 hectares. It was 229m (751ft) deep by the time it ceased swallowing everything in sight. In a paper published in the journal Geology, Cathleen Jones and Ron Blom, from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, have shown how radar data captured by Nasa's Uninhabited Airborne Vehicle Synthetic Aperture Radar (UAVSAR) between 2011 and 2012 could have been used to predict the natural catastrophe.

The UAVSAR captures interferometric synthetic aperture radar (InSAR) data—the returning waves the aircraft captures are used to generate digital surface elevation and deformation maps. It's the same technique used to assess fault lines, or even glaciers, capturing incremental changes at the centimeter scale over the course of years.

Although it would seem impossible to predict sinkholes, which happen so suddenly (at least the cover-collapse kind), the groundwork that causes them is being laid over some time.(...) "

More:
http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/03/nasa-can-now-forecast-sinkholes/
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Browser:
"Slukt av et synkehull
Kategori: Dokumentar og fakta
Programinformasjon
Br. dokumentar. Bakken åpnet seg plutselig under et bolighus i Florida. Jeff Bush, som sov da det pågikk, ble slukt ned i hullet. Det har ikke vært mulig å finne ham igjen. Professor Iain Stewart forsøker å forstå hva som skjedde, og forklarer den særegne geologien i staten Florida. (Swallowed by a Sinkhole)

Planlagt sendt:
NRK2 16.03.2014 20:10 "
Sendes igjen 17.mars kl 12.00

http://tv.nrk.no/program/koid27004213/slukt-av-et-synkehull

cato sture

• Gjest
Prøv å søke etter "Jordfallhull" på Arealis.
De finnes ikke bare der man tror!

C

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Browser:
Jordfallshull forårsaket av saltgruvekollaps:

"Officials said the giant sinkhole in south Louisiana swallowed more trees Wednesday afternoon.

The Assumption Parish Police Jury said there was a burp and slough-in around 3:25 p.m. Officials said debris and six trees were gobbled up during the latest activity.

They added there is a slight gas-like smell in the Bayou Corne area.

History of the Sinkhole

The sinkhole opened up in August 2012 and was roughly 1/24 of the size it is now. The sinkhole formed when an underground salt cavern collapsed.

In the past, seismic activity is reported, then the sinkhole burps up debris and then a slough-in happens. Burps occur when air and gas from deep in the sinkhole bubbles up. It can cause debris and an oily substance to float to the top. A slough-in is when the sinkhole swallows trees and land that is on the edge of the sinkhole. "

More:
http://www.wafb.com/story/25091131/sinkhole-burps-swallows-6-more-trees

Utlogget Grottemannen

• trrr
  • Senior medlem
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
Hvis en går til Novaja Zemilja på Google-Earth, vil en kunne se en annen type sammensynkning, laget av mennesker.  Det er doliner (ikke sikkert de bør kalles jordfallshull - avhenger av løsmasser) dannet over hulrom laget av atombomber. I prøvefeltene i Nevada-ørkenen kan en se det samme.
... etter oss kommer få fotspor og mye kunnskap...
alle innlegg (C) S.E. Lauritzen

Utlogget Torstein

• Fullt medlem
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
    • Furuflekken
15 meter dypt hull i Oslo:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/vaer-og-uvaer/kjempehull-stenger-vei-i-oslo/a/10130330/

VG har jo i tillegg definert synkehull. Uten kildereferanse.
Torstein Finnesand
you never cave alone

Utlogget Torstein

• Fullt medlem
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
    • Furuflekken
Nå melder NRK at hullet kan være 30 meter dypt.

Har de en laser, eller kikker de ned hullet og antar en dybde?
Torstein Finnesand
you never cave alone

frorath

• Gjest
Synkehull er ofte i nyhetene ; lite nytt om jordfallshull gitt....

Utlogget Grottemannen

• trrr
  • Senior medlem
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
Et nytt antropogent (=menneskeskapt) Jordfallshull. De brukte fiberoptikk... se dagspressen.
... etter oss kommer få fotspor og mye kunnskap...
alle innlegg (C) S.E. Lauritzen

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0.3 Safari 7.0.3
Et annet menneskeskapt jordfallshull fører til stort erstatingskrav:

"Texas Brine Co. and the class-action plaintiffs who sued over the sinkhole that forced hundreds from their Bayou Corne homes have agreed to a $48.1 million settlement that includes buying out their properties and settling other claims related to the underground collapse of the company’s salt dome cavern.

Filed midday Tuesday in U.S. District Court in New Orleans, the proposed settlement is awaiting preliminary approval from Judge Jay C. Zainey and comes about a week before the litigation was set to go to trial Monday.

“We firmly believe the $48 million is a really good settlement number,” said Larry Centola, one of the attorney’s representing the owners and residents of about 90 homes and camps in the Bayou Corne area.

Though a precise number of people was not immediately available, Centola said the 90 properties have been under an evacuation order in place since Aug. 3, 2012, when the now nearly 30-acre swampland sinkhole first emerged."

http://theadvocate.com/news/8852550-123/residents-settle-for-48-million

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Browser:
Sv: Så fort kan det gå
« Svar #40 på: 28.04.2014 23:07 »
"Work to rescue 8 classic cars swallowed by a sinkhole at the National Corvette Museum is going faster than expected.

Today, in an unexpected turn of events, workers were able to reach the Millionth Corvette and pull it free.

"Initially there was no intention to bring the Millionth out, but as we got in there and saw more this morning we did feel like this might be our best chance," said Danny Daniel, President of Scott, Murphy and Daniel Construction.

The car was pulled by one wheel from where it was lodged and swung free into the cavern. They were then able to lift the car and place it to rest, upside down on the bottom of the sinkhole. Finally, the Corvette was hooked up by its two tires for final lifting out of the sinkhole."

More:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24899295/millionth-corvette-unexpectly

Nå viser det seg at ikke alle kan berges:

"Of the eight Corvettes rescued from the sinkhole that opened beneath the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky this past February, only a few are likely to be restored.

"The last three or four cars that came out of the sinkhole . . . we didn't expect them to come out looking quite that bad," said Dana Forrester, the museum board's lead Corvette restoration member, CNN reported.
The board and multiple teams involved in both the recovery and restoration process met last week to discuss the restoration of the museum's exhibition floor that still sports a yawning 40-foot-wide by 60-foot-deep cavern and plan to meet with GM officials specializing in restoration this coming week. GM announced in February that it would help with the restoration effort. "

more:

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/sinkhole-corvettes-museum-restored/2014/04/28/id/568024/

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Browser:
Spol frem til ca 01.10 og vips er tettheten av parkerte biler endret  8)

http://offbeat.topix.com/story/11838

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mac OS X 10.9.4
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0.5 Safari 7.0.5
Corvette museet lager jordfallshullet som slukte flere av corvettene til en permanent del av utstillingen:

http://time.com/2927138/corvette-museum-sinkhole-2/

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0.5 Safari 7.0.5
De har slikt på rullebanen i Bodø luftthavn også  8)
Selv om jeg har en mistanke om at det journalisten her omtaler er en vanlig asfaltskade.  :)

Oppdatering kl 07.37:
Jeg ser at de nå har tatt bort omtalen av skaden som et synkehull.
Et betongelement er blitt presset opp pga varmen.

http://www.an.no/nyheter/article7462318.ece

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.1 Safari 7.1
"The striking puncture in the earth is believed to be up to 80 metres wide but its depth is not estimated yet. A scientific team has been sent to investigate the hole and is due to arrive at the scene on Wednesday.

The cause of its sudden appearance in Yamal - its name means the 'end of the world' in the far north of Siberia - is not yet known, though one scientific claim is that global warming may be to blame."

more:

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/features/large-crater-appears-at-the-end-of-the-world/