Skrevet av Emne: Kong Lor Cave Laos  (Lest 7213 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
Kong Lor Cave Laos
« p: 10.05.2009 21:38 »
"Kong Lor Cave is an amazing 7.5 km-long limestone cave that was formed by the Hinboun River which still flows through the cave year-round. You can take a boat ride right through the main cavern, which is up to 90 meters wide and 100 meters high. The Konglor Cave can be reached via a 40 km overland trip from Ban Khoun Kham , the 'Gateway to Konglor' or by taking a slightly longer but more adventurous boat trip up the Hinboun River beginning in beginning in Napouk Village. Homestay accommodation is available in both Kong Lor and Natan villages."

More:
http://www.ecotourismlaos.com/activities/konglor.htm

"The cave itself is a 7.5km-long subterranean tunnel, 30m wide and between 20 and 100m high, located in the National Protected Area Forest Area of Hinboun Mountain.
It only took us 100,000 kip (about US$10) to get one boat for three people and two boatmen, with flashlights strapped on their foreheads, to navigate the narrow passage through the rocks." (...)
"The cave is completely dark and cold, with only the beams of the boatmen’s flashlights lighting up the walls and roof.
“Don’t worry about a thing?—we do this every day and it’s quite safe. The water isn’t deep and we are familiar with the way through,” our boatman, Ner Jalernsak, assured us.
The tunnel comprises about seven rapids — subterranean bodies of water that flow through the tunnel and are broken up by areas of shallow water.
At this time of the year the water is low, and on several occasions we all had to get out of the boats and help the boatmen drag them over the rocks.
The rocks are sharp and numerous and it’s best to wear rubber flip-flops to protect your feet as you walk through the shallow water.
I was very thankful when Ner offered me his own footwear after he noticed I was wearing trainers. “The skin on my feet is thick and I’m used to walking over the rocks, but you might not be,” he said."

More:
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/6103?tid=3
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"