Skrevet av Emne: Caves and Karst of the Yorkshire Dales  (Lest 1782 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Torstein

• Fullt medlem
  • Heroisk medlem
    • Furuflekken
Caves and Karst of the Yorkshire Dales
« på: 21.03.2013 18:47 »
Fra Trevor Faulkner, Foreign Secretary, British Cave Research Association:

To International caving friends

The British Cave Research Association is proud to announce the publication of its new book, Caves and Karst of the Yorkshire Dales (Volume 1), as summarised on the attachment. The book is right up-to-date on the latest scientific research and I am sure you will find this to be a valuable addition to your personal libraries.

The book may be purchased online by using the new BCRA online shop, via:

http://www.bcra.org.uk/pub/index.html

The price will be £25 plus postage and packing. However, there is also an introductory price of £20 plus p&p until 30 June 2013. By a special arrangement, £20 orders paid online by that date can be collected from the BCRA stand at the 16th International Congress of Speleology in Brno from 21-28 July 2013, with no other charges.

Would you kindly forward this email on to all other friends and colleagues who will find it of interest.

With many best wishes, and I hope to see you in Brno.
Torstein Finnesand
you never cave alone

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
Sv: Caves and Karst of the Yorkshire Dales
« Svar #1 på: 24.03.2013 10:10 »
"Volume 2 will be published in parts in late 2013 and 2014. The chapters will describe the larger and more important cave systems in the region. Publication will be as an e-book, chapter by chapter. When all the parts have been published online a paper edition of the entire volume will be produced."  :)
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"

Utlogget Torstein

• Fullt medlem
  • Heroisk medlem
    • Furuflekken
« Svar #2 på: 29.05.2013 22:02 »
Litt mer om den første boken, hentet fra flygebladet:

Caves and Karst of the Yorkshire Dales presents an overview of all aspects of the great cave systems and spectacular karst landforms in the limestone terrain of the Yorkshire Dales. Twenty authors, all experts in their fields, have produced authoritative and up-to-date texts, which have been drawn together by editors Tony Waltham and David Lowe, each of whom has extensive experience of the Dales, both above and below ground.

A4, 264 pages, all in colour, with 165 maps and diagrams, 49 tables, and over 350 photographs.
Torstein Finnesand
you never cave alone

Utlogget Torstein

• Fullt medlem
  • Heroisk medlem
    • Furuflekken
« Svar #3 på: 12.07.2013 19:35 »
Ble i dag den heldige eier av volum 1, takket være David St. Pierre. Jeg trengte ikke kikke så mange sekunder i boken før jeg ble imponert. Det første som slo meg var det store omfanget av flotte bilder og figurer, - og da i farger. Får jo lyst å dra bort dit bare av den grunn.
Torstein Finnesand
you never cave alone

Utlogget nytroe

• Fullt medlem
  • Junior medlem
« Svar #4 på: 15.07.2013 19:45 »
Jeg er også blitt en heldig eier av boka. Frister overmåte. Vintertur til Yorkshire anyone?
--- Ø