Skrevet av Emne: Father praises 'selfless heroes' for dramatic cave rescue of his son  (Lest 231 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Utlogget Rolf

• Administrator
  • Heroisk medlem
"James Felton says to hear the story of his son's heroic rescue from the men who spent hours in a Utah cave meticulously working to get him out is unbelievable.

"To be standing next to a guy who physically carried your son out of a hole that was 200 feet basically, with a light strapped to his head, it’s unbelievable,” Felton said.

Salt Lake Fire Capt. David Dixon insists it was a team effort to get Zachary Felton out of that cave. And to Dixon, who has been exploring caves for 45 years, it wasn't all work.

"For us it was more of an adventure. But for him, it was probably more torture. But he did real well,” he said.

Although his son still has a long road to recovery, James Felton said he was in tears as he listened to Dixon recount the dramatic 12-hour rescue. Felton called Dixon and fellow Salt Lake Fire Capt. Steve Crandall "selfless heroes" who deserve a lot of recognition, despite the firefighters' humble demeanors."

read more:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900007288/father-praises-selfless-heroes-for-dramatic-cave-rescue-of-his-son.html
"When I try to imagine a faultless love
Or the life to come, what I hear is the murmur
Of underground streams, what I see is a limestone landscape."
W.H. Auden, "In Praise of Limestone"